Deployment Strategist - Hardware Programs
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Deployment Strategist - Hardware Programs, you'll work as part of a driven team of other Deployment Strategists, Account and Sales Executives, and Engineers to match software to the most complicated problems our world faces. Your mission is to synthesize disconnected streams of thought into a cohesive understanding of what the most important problem is and navigate a path to convert ideas into production work that delivers value to the customer.
Deployment Strategists - Hardware Programs are do-ers who build lasting relationships with key customer stakeholders, understand their problems and requirements, and work across Palantir and other industry partners to develop and field innovative solutions. In this role, the problems you'll address require strong communication skills, the ability to drive towards clear goals in complex and fast paced customer environments, a curious and analytical mentality, a sharp intuition for product, and a strong degree of user empathy to ultimately empower our customers to make better decisions.
- Identify and structure the approach to pursuing opportunities at both new and existing customers by partnering closely with both our sales and delivery teams to scope and convert opportunities.
- Identify and address program problems by recommending solutions, such as allocation of resources, changing contractual specifications, and coordinating responses to customer action items.
- Track all subcontractor efforts, risks, schedule, and cost and ensure subcontractor compliance with all elements of the SOW and subcontract
- Craft and implement customer engagement strategy with Government Program Office to message schedule changes, risk, successes and deliverables, and contractual issues.
- Generate monthly program review reports that provide visibility on all program metrics, such as technical performance metrics, cost, schedule, completed work, and upcoming events.
What We Value
- Interest and ability to go beyond the surface and dive into the details of the data.
- Experience taking on open-ended problems in unstructured environments.
- Curiosity and the ability to build strong relationships – internally, with customers, and with industry partners.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Experience working with DoD customers on integrated hardware-software initiatives.
- Experience with generating and maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), and handling subcontractor cost, schedule, performance, and contractual obligations.
What We Require
- 5-10 years of experience in integrated hardware programs, preferably 2-3 years of experience leading a hardware program.
- Active US Security Clearance, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Ability to travel 25 – 75% required. Varies by location and team.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?