Sales & Business Development
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves real problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Around the world, data is being generated at an exponential rate, and many government agencies and commercial institutions worldwide are ill-equipped to handle data at scale. Palantir’s software helps these organizations build data assets that enables efficient analysis and more effective management of their data, empowering them to solve their most critical problems.
The Account Management Team is responsible for delivering Palantir’s software at these organizations. Account Directors find, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities at Palantir’s strategic accounts, seeking growth that builds upon or expands beyond where we are today. Each institution is different and each customer has its own way of procuring software, Account Directors deeply understand these nuances and turn them into expansion opportunities. This takes creative thinking, diligent research, and a sharp focus on value creation. Successful Account Directors understand the needs of our customer, how they are currently leveraging Palantir, and have a clear plan to expand within the organization to increase Palantir's impact long term.
Armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, Account Directors cultivate existing relationships within a specific account and work diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software they sell has a myriad of different applications across verticals, they exceed ambitious sales quotas and come up with new targets.
- In coordination with Palantir leadership, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a current customer account, focused on a single or very limited number of customers.
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with Palantir counterparts to determine goals and targets.
- Serve as the key point of contact between Palantir and the given customer.
- Develop deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms, the customer's business, how Palantir is currently deployed to solve problems today, and how Palantir could solve a wide range of real-world problems beyond this.
- Exceed stated sales quota by upselling and expanding enterprise contracts.
- Work with the implementation teams to ensure success of projects in flight and uncover new growth opportunities.
- Work with other account management team members to improve and streamline internal processes.
What We Value
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to government or commercial institutions.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts.
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to compellingly articulate Palantir's product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority.
- Ability to understand customers' requirements and how Palantir's software can address them.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work in a constantly evolving setting.
What We Require
- Ability to travel (50%+) per business needs.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume along with a record of your sales experience, including the size of the deals you have closed (feel free to use X for the values you are not able to disclose; for instance, $XX million). Please upload them as a single PDF file using the “Attach Resume/CV" tool on the applicant page.
- If preferable, you may respond to the Optional Additional Questions instead of (or in addition to) submitting a cover letter.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The starting salary for this position is estimated to be $150,000/year. Total compensation includes approximately $80,000/year of equity compensation in the form of Restricted Stock Units, based on the recent value of the company’s stock at the time of grant. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?