Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer, you are responsible for the security of Palantir’s infrastructure around the globe. Your technical expertise is second only to your integrity and real passion for security and technology in general. Our ideal candidate works well on a team, is highly motivated, and enjoys solving problems and taking on new challenges.
In this role, you’re building, breaking, and securing the global infrastructure that powers our world-changing products. You have a strong security mindset, care deeply about infrastructure, and are excited to protect our network and endpoints against all threats. You'll design, architect, and drive security posture changes for Palantir, and work to make life hard for our adversaries.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls across Palantir’s multi-cloud multi-tenant SaaS infrastructure based on Kubernetes, OpenShift and several other popular open-source technologies
- Provide security domain expertise on protective controls, to include system, network, encryption, and authentication services throughout Palantir’s portfolio of products, services and infrastructure
- Design, architect and build automated systems to provide security uplift for the organization
- Perform security evaluations and research on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services to protect Palantir data
- Partner closely with other members of the Technical Operations, Engineering, and Information Security teams to drive impactful changes to the company’s network defense posture
What We Value
- 5+ years of direct information security experience with deep exposure in protecting one or more container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to independently own projects and balance competing priorities, while still effectively collaborating with colleagues
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with infrastructure automation platforms (e.g. Packer, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python, or similar). Experience in Golang is a plus.
- Willingness and eligibility to obtain a U.S. security clearance, or active TS//SCI
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $125,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?