Machine Learning Engineer - Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Our Machine Learning team develops state of the art deep learning models to address immediate customer needs and to ensure Palantir’s platforms offer unparalleled machine learning capabilities.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about ML systems of natural language processing (NLP) and deep learning to lead the design and implementation of ML infrastructure to train and serve deep learning models. In this role, you will build innovative NLP products that facilitate an enhanced user experience in operational workflows. You will work with ML researchers on the latest deep learning models to build solutions in areas of information retrieval (IR), question answering, document summarization, entity, event and relationship extraction and classification, as well as structured text extraction from documents.
- Architect performant, efficient, secure and scalable systems to tune, serve and evaluate large language models
- Drive implementation, testing, releases and monitoring for data processing pipelines and ML products
- Work closely with machine learning researchers to align model development with business needs and technical landscape, support development and deployment of models
- Partner with internal infrastructure teams to integrate deep learning models with existing tools and systems
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in ML infrastructure and MLOps to develop and maintain efficient systems
Technologies We Use
- Programming languages: Python / Java
- Deep learning frameworks: PyTorch / Hugging Face / DeepSpeed
- Inference engine: ONNX / TensorRT
- Web-service protocols: RESTful / gRPC
- Cloud-based technologies: Docker / Kubernetes
What We Value
- Background in natural language processing and deep learning, experience with large language models
- Proficiency with any of the major deep learning frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing ML infrastructure to train and deploy large language models
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and tools
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
What We Require
- At least two years of experience in backend development with an emphasis on deploying deep learning models in production
- MS in Computer Science or related fields
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?