Federal Compliance Engineer
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 3, 2021
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Compliance Engineer, you will help our engineers implement and audit Palantir security controls across our entire product line. You’ll work closely with many different teams to shape these controls and cultivate a robust & nimble approach to risk management across the company. You will navigate & interpret complex Federal regulatory frameworks (e.g. FedRAMP, DoD SRG, & CMMC) in order to provide practical guidance on technical architecture, documentation & operational concerns, and sustainable processes that will allow us to continue to grow quickly & efficiently.
- Partner with engineers to interpret and map compliance requirements to control implementation and assist with product architecture.
- Directly facilitate operational and regulatory outcomes across our US Government client portfolio, including FedRAMP, DoD IL5, and CMMC continuous monitoring and compliance audits.
- Propose and implement ideas for operation improvements and facilitate automation for procedural compliance controls.
- Guide technical and operational decision-making towards future product offerings and efficient organizational processes.
- Evaluate and advise the business on new and evolving US Government certification programs, requirements, and technologies.
- Manage and participate in audits, as appropriate.
What We Value
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and security concepts.
- Ability to clearly convey compliance requirements to internal engineering teams and associated implementation to external customers using effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with security concepts (encryption, authentication, etc.) and tooling for continuous monitoring (Nessus SecurityCenter, Burp, Jira, Splunk, etc.).
What We Require
- 3+ years experience with compliance audits (FedRAMP, PCI, SOC2, HIPAA, etc.) and prior US Government compliance and audit experience (FedRAMP, FISMA, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, US Government ATOs, etc).
- Experience implementing security controls and assessing compliance in distributed applications on cloud infrastructure (e.g Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Willingness and eligibility to obtain a U.S. security clearance.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.