Technical Program Manager (TPM)
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 8, 2021
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) deployed to one of our core application teams on Gotham, you are the engine behind Palantir’s engineering teams. You partner with developers to optimize our development process and make sure we’re shipping high quality products every day. You track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, and anticipate customer needs to free up our engineers to focus their time and attention on the technical problems they are best equipped to solve.
This position requires a combination of project management, process optimization, technical proficiency and execution skills. You are a person who loves fixing problems, scaling technical solutions, and always embraces the best idea, even when it is not your own.
- Partner with Palantir software engineers, product managers, quality engineers, and business leadership to drive key product deliverables through the entire software development cycle.
- Synthesize concrete technical goals from product vision, mapping global product strategy to granular team tasks and issues. This means triaging requests from the field to create maximum focus for the team, while actioning items that need immediate attention.
- Keep broad and complete state of everything involving or related to your projects. Pre-empt and resolve any issues that may steer projects off-course.
- Enhance cross-team collaboration. Read a room of technical experts to align them around shared objectives. Improve efficiency where you see miscommunication or lack of coordination.
- Work with customer-facing engineering teams on implementation, roll out, and support of your product.
What We Value
- Demonstrated success managing complex software development projects for an enterprise software company or startup.
- An ability to engage in technical discussion and invest in learning technical concepts.
- Excellent judgment and composure in high-pressure situations.
- A creative approach to project management centered around lightweight frameworks that enable rapid iteration, while operating in harmony with a larger development organization.
- Building strong relationships with customer-facing teams and possessing high levels of empathy for our end-users’ needs.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including holding tightly to your team’s vision and maintaining a high product quality bar.
What We Require
- Ability and willingness to obtain a US security clearance at the Secret designation or above
- Relevant technical degree or experience in a software-related field (Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years of project/program management experience, preferably in a fast-paced or dynamic environment
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.