Government Procurement Specialist
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Government Procurement Specialist, you will enable Palantir to address the full gamut of our obligations during the UK Government procurement lifecycle. You will be a member of Palantir's in-house UK Government Procurement and Legal team and will serve a critical function supporting our UK Government business. You will collaborate with partners in Engineering, Finance, Business Development, and Sales to provide your valuable knowledge and insights into the Government procurement process and keep pace with our diverse and expanding portfolio of Government partnerships. Government Procurement Specialists push deals across the finish line, reviewing and completing critical procurement documentation, building pricing proposals, implementing company directives/policies, and supporting other projects that arise.
Government Procurement Specialists work directly on our highest value contracts, pre- and post- award. In this role, there is always a new challenge to conquer with opportunities for career growth and company impact.
- Serve as a supporting practitioner under the UK Government Procurement and Legal team leadership focusing on the entire acquisition lifecycle (both sole source and competitions).
- Drafting framework call-offs, quotes and proposals. You will lead procurement review, support negotiations, and drive contract execution.
- Facilitate internal and external communications regarding procurement issues.
- Lead internal team efforts to improve efficiency of processes.
- Stay up to date on relevant regulations, with the motivation to quickly learn new concepts.
What We Value
- Familiarity with software licensing and commercial item procurement.
- Proficiency in all procurement processes, including frameworks and agreements ranging from £0-£100M+.
- Excellent organisational skills; capable of maintaining both broad and intricate knowledge of special projects and enabling outcomes with minimal direction.
- Experience collaborating with team members across an organisation on procurement and administration topics.
- A technical background or strong interest in technology; proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) preferred.
- Active clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a clearance is preferable.
What We Require
- 3-5 years minimum procurement experience, either within government, industry or both.
- Availability outside of standard business hours as needed, to handle urgent and time-sensitive team matters.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.