Information Security Engineer
Germany · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As an Information Security Engineer, you are responsible for the security of Palantir’s people and infrastructure around the globe. Your technical expertise is second only to your integrity and passion for security and technology. The ideal candidate works well on a team, is highly motivated, and enjoys solving problems and taking on new challenges.
In this role, you’ll be the first line of defense in protecting Palantir. You’ll be part of a team responsible for the 24/7 prevention, detection, and investigation of security events and active attacks across our entire infrastructure. Your work will directly impact the success of Palantir's mission as you seek to challenge and block our adversaries, as well as protect our global network.
- Build, run, and own infrastructure and automation to detect, contain, and eradicate security threats.
- Develop alerting and detection strategies to identify malicious or anomalous behavior.
- Develop new and novel defensive techniques to identify or counteract changes in adversary techniques and tactics.
- Dissect network, host, memory, and other artifacts originating from multiple operating systems and applications.
- Perform enterprise-wide operations to uncover sophisticated and undetected threats.
- Partner closely with other members of the Information Security team to lead changes in the company's network defense posture.
What We Value
- Broad exposure to multiple security disciplines, including a strong background in forensics or threat intelligence.
- Deep exposure in Incident Response or Detection Engineering.
- Desire to further the information security community through substantive contributions (e.g. conference talks, blog posts, public tool development, etc.).
What We Require
- Extensive security experience (1+ years) in at least one major platform (e.g. AWS, Azure, Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.).
- Proficiency in Python (preferred), PowerShell, or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and common protocols.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.