Capture and Proposal Strategist - US Intelligence Community
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Capture and Proposal Strategist you are a critical driver of Palantir Technologies' U.S Government growth, collaboration with business development and technical execution stakeholders. You will expand Palantir’s footprint in the U.S. Intelligence Community by developing and implementing strategy for new customer acquisition and writing compelling proposals that win contracts. Curious, critically-minded, and detail-oriented, you are a strong writer, capable of turning complex technical concepts into persuasive proposals, white papers, project vision statements, and other business documents. You will write detailed explanations of our software's capabilities, source U.S. procurement websites and analyze budgets for potential business opportunities while managing formal proposals for new contracts, and crafting procurement strategies in highly competitive markets.
This role is an opportunity to embed deeply in a unique company. Palantir is fast-paced, and you'll be expected to collaborate with engineering, legal, sales, and leadership while also making decisions independently by weighing many needs and priorities. In this role, you'll wear many hats, arising to new business challenges while growing your skills on the job. We are looking for mission-driven teammates who can jump into any business development project with enthusiasm.
- Collaborate with internal teams to shape strategy for U.S. Government outreach and shepherd engagements from initial meeting to contract signing, including handling all written communications and proposals
- Serve as a primary author and project manager of Market Survey, RFI, and RFP responses
- Identify and qualify new customers and opportunities in the U.S. Intelligence Community in collaboration with the broader business development team, engineering teams, and leadership
- Develop deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems
- Refine messaging and value proposition in written content
- Contribute to additional business development efforts as needed, including developing content for targeted outreach and marketing campaigns
What We Value
- Experience in the U.S. Intelligence Community OR in a role focused on capture and proposal strategy in the U.S. Intelligence sector
- Ability to translate technical concepts and differentiators through concise and compelling written communication
- Strong attention to detail when crafting documents (e.g., correct grammar, consistent formatting, attention to customer language choice)
- Navigate an unstructured environment while generating and communicating novel ideas, contributing to and executing against strategic plans, and learning about technical concepts independently
- Demonstrated project management skills and collaboration experience including with a team on a joint output, across departments / agencies / roles, and leading projects that require input from multiple stakeholders
What We Require
- An active TS/SCI security clearance (or ability to attain one); Full Scope Polygraph preferred but not required
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.