Forward Deployed Operations Engineer, New Grad - UK Government
Posted on Wednesday, December 6, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Forward Deployed Operations Engineers (FDOEs) work with existing customers or global teams to support the day to day operations of a Foundry deployment. Our customers rely on Palantir’s platforms for some of their most critical operations; as an FDOE, you’ll apply your problem solving ability, creativity, and technical skills to support organizations’ Foundry stacks and critical workflows. You’ll have the opportunity to gain rare insight into and contribute to some of the world’s most important industries and institutions.
Every day at Palantir is different: we’re constantly evolving to better respond to customer needs, and FDOEs are embedded with our internal support and business teams to maximize the outcomes of our deployed products and workflows. You are a resourceful, tenacious, and agile problem solver who is able to work both collaboratively and independently to resolve difficult and nebulous technical issues, as well as work productively with external customers to debug and resolve their problems. This includes creating new data pipelines and customer workflows, building health metrics and automated alerts, fixing bugs in pipelines and products, and developing and documenting strategies for engaging with customer support.
Every Palantirian is encouraged to play to their personal strengths, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to engineering at Palantir. The scope of this role is intentionally broad so that people can find their strengths and grow in a way that excites them.
No two days are the same, but as a Forward Deployed Operations Engineer you can expect to:
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Work with Deployment Strategists and Forward Deployed Software Engineers to understand the critical problems customers have and design workflows to solve them.
- Lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs, and to ensure it is being used widely enough to have concrete impact on our partners' operations.
- Respond to and triage incoming support requests from both internal and external teams.
- Maintain and improve pipelines and foundry workflows to support customer outcomes.
- Work with our Software Engineering teams to tackle workflow problems and resolve product issues
- Be the first responder when things go wrong. Even if a problem is outside your area of expertise, you make the first move to fix it, and you pull in the expertise necessary to get the job done.
What We Value
- Ability to continuously learn and work independently, making decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
In an effort to build more insight into our recruitment process, we’d like to share our offer deadline expectations. By applying to this position, you commit to confirming your decision within two weeks of receiving your written offer.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the city and or country in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.