Sales - US Commercial
Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 22, 2021
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves real problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Around the world, data is being generated at an exponential rate, and many government agencies and commercial institutions worldwide are ill-equipped to handle data at scale. Palantir’s software helps these organizations build data assets that enables efficient analysis and more effective management of their data, empowering them to solve their most critical problems.
The Sales Team is responsible for getting Palantir’s software to these organizations. Sales Reps find, evaluate, and pursue new business opportunities for a targeted institution or geography, seeking partners whose missions, objectives, and values align with our own. Each institution is different and each country has its own way of procuring software, and Sales Reps see these distinctions as opportunities — for creative thinking, diligent research, and value creation. Successful Sales Reps tailor their approach to Palantir and to each unique opportunity, rather than relying on past strategies for selling other enterprise software.
Armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, Sales Reps cultivate existing relationships and work diligently to build new ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software they sell is directly responsible for uncovering fraud, stopping wrongdoing, and saving lives, Sales Reps exceed ambitious sales quotas and come up with new targets.
- In coordination with Palantir leadership, develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in a defined government or commercial institution and/or geography, typically focused on a single or limited number of customers.
- Generate new leads and business opportunities, working closely with Palantir counterparts to determine goals and targets.
- Serve as the key point of contact between Palantir and given institution(s), and represent Palantir's Sales Team at industry events and conferences.
- Develop deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
- Exceed stated sales quota by winning enterprise contracts.
- Work with the other Sales team members to improve and streamline internal processes.
What We Value
- Proven track record of large-scale enterprise sales to government or commercial institutions.
- Intricate familiarity with procurement processes.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to compellingly articulate Palantir's product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority.
- Ability to understand potential customers' requirements and how Palantir's software can address them.
- Demonstrated project management skills and a love of getting things done, no matter the circumstances.
- Experience building and managing relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts.
- Ability to travel (50%+) per business needs.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume along with a record of your sales experience, including the size of the deals you have closed (feel free to use X for the values you are not able to disclose; for instance, $XX million). Please upload them as a single PDF file using the “Attach Resume/CV" tool on the applicant page.
- If preferable, you may respond to the Optional Additional Questions instead of (or in addition to) submitting a cover letter.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Employees (and their families) are eligible to enroll in: medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Generous unlimited sick leave policy
- Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $115,000 - $150,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units and sign-on bonus. and other potential future incentives. Employees in this role will be eligible to earn additional incentive based compensation at varying rates and dependent on the type and structure of sale. Further note, that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.