Sales - US Commercial
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 22, 2021
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Armed with a deep knowledge of the product and its real-world applicability, you will work diligently to build new relationships and nurture existing ones. Motivated by the knowledge that the software we sell is directly responsible for empowering clients, Sales Reps exceed ambitious sales goals and break into the world’s most influential institutions.
You will be responsible for finding, evaluating, and pursuing new business opportunities at targeted institutions or geographies. Each client is different and has its own way of procuring software, and Sales Reps see these distinctions as opportunities — for creative thinking, diligent research, and value creation. Successful Sales Reps tailor their approach to Palantir and to each unique opportunity, rather than relying on past strategies for selling other enterprise software.
- Responsible for outbound prospecting; generate new leads and business opportunities, and develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for growing the company's presence in commercial institutions and/or geographies.
- In coordination with Palantir leadership, work closely with counterparts to help shape our commercial outreach and shepherd engagements, from initial meeting through the procurement process to close.
- Develop customer profiles, including identifying target customer needs and the most effective way to address those needs.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly technical environment; develop deep familiarity with Palantir's software platforms and how they can be used to solve a wide range of real-world problems.
- Meet and/or exceed defined metrics and by securing enterprise contracts.
- Establish and grow relationships with key executives at target accounts.
- Work with the other Sales team members to improve and streamline internal processes.
What We Value
- Consistent track record of large-scale enterprise sales to commercial institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to compellingly articulate Palantir's product offering to audiences with varying levels of technical skill and seniority.
- Ability to understand potential customers' requirements and how Palantir's software can address them.
- Familiarity navigating intricate procurement processes.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, and collaborating with internal partners and external counterparts.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, guide, lead and follow.
What We Require
- Ability to travel (50%+) per business needs.
- 2+ years of outbound sales experience focusing on closing net new business.
- Please submit a resume along with a record of your sales experience, including the size of the deals you have closed (feel free to use X for the values you are not able to disclose; for instance, $XX million). Please upload them as a single PDF file using the “Attach Resume/CV" tool on the applicant page.
- If preferable, you may respond to the Optional Additional Questions instead of (or in addition to) submitting a cover letter.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.