Government Contracts Strategist
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As a Government Contracts Strategist, you will enable Palantir to address the full gamut of our contractual obligations during the US Government acquisitions lifecycle. You will be a member of Palantir's in-house US Government Contracts and Legal team and will serve a critical function supporting our US Government business. You will collaborate with partners in Engineering, Finance, Business Development, and Sales to provide your valuable knowledge and insights into the government contracting process and keep pace with our diverse and expanding portfolio of Government partnerships. Government Contracts Strategists push deals across the finish line, reviewing and completing critical contract documentation, building pricing proposals, implementing company directives/policies, and supporting other projects that arise.
Government Contracts Strategists work directly on our highest value contracts, pre- and post- award. In this role, there is always a new challenge to conquer with opportunities for career growth and company impact.
- Serve as a supporting practitioner under Senior Contracts Strategists focusing on the entire acquisition lifecycle (both sole source and competitions).
- Drafting ROMs, Quotes, and Proposals. You will lead contract review, support negotiations, and drive contract execution for assigned account portfolio.
- Facilitate internal and external communications regarding contractual issues.
- Lead internal team efforts to improve efficiency of processes.
- Stay up to date on relevant regulations, including FAR and DFARS, with the motivation to quickly learn new concepts.
What We Value
- Familiarity with software licensing, commercial item acquisition, and/or Department of Defense acquisition.
- Proficiency in all contract types, including transactions, FAR-based contracts and agreements ranging from $1M-$100M+.
- Excellent organizational skills; capable of maintaining both broad and intricate knowledge of special projects and enabling outcomes with minimal direction.
- Experience collaborating with team members across an organization on contract formation and administration topics.
- A technical background or strong interest in technology; proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, preferred.
- Active secret clearance or eligibility and willingness to obtain a secret clearance is preferred.
What We Require
- 3-5 years of government contracting experience, either within government, industry, or both.
- Availability outside of standard business hours as needed to handle urgent and time-sensitive team matters.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.