Physical Security Analyst
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
This is an exciting role responsible for the development, management, and execution of physical security outcomes for the East Coast, supporting our thriving US business delivering protection at facilities and events. You will be responsible for leading physical security and compliance within a diverse set of physical security and safety requirements. You will protect our people, facilities, and assets. This role is highly autonomous. You will have the opportunity to develop, maintain, and report on a first-class physical security capability while responsible for protecting some of our most critical data.
Your operational security expertise should be second only to your integrity and real passion for physical security, people, and mission impact. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly collaborative, and highly motivated. You can operate independently and enjoy solving problems and tackling new challenges. You must have a strong security attitude, care deeply about Physical Security and Safety, and be motivated to protect our people and facilities against all threats.
In this role, you will work closely with Palantir's internal development teams and implementation teams to:
- Act as the primary point of contact for physical security between the employees, internal security teams, and internal Palantir operational teams.
- Design, plan, and implement a broad range of controls to safeguard people and customer data in highly sensitive environments.
- Directly lead, manage and mentor physical security personnel, maintaining clear performance standards while developing future physical security leaders.
- Develop and maintain a physical security program that effectively meets compliance and security requirements as stated in our customer contract. Perform technical implementation of various controls, processes, and procedures.
- Interface directly with internal operations, security teams, and security vendors to support business and security objectives, e.g. a safe and secure working environment, with consistent, high-quality customer service to employees, customers, and visitors. Independently own projects with balancing competing priorities.
- Manage incident response to physical events, ensuring employee and asset safety while minimizing operational impact.
- Advise our operations teams and employees on physical security, policy, processes, and trends.
- Provide physical security domain expertise on protective controls, to include contract personnel, fire and safety, CCTV/access control.
What We Value
- Ability to effectively communicate complex physical security concepts to diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in high-security and/or technology industry environments with significant security, compliance, and governance requirements.
- Exposure to various physical security fields, with deep familiarity and conceptual understanding in one or more areas of specialization (e.g., Incident Response/Investigation, Guard Force/Vendor Management, CCTV/Access Control, Workplace Safety, Event Security/Executive Protection).
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, and the motivation to creatively thwart them.
What We Require
- 5+ years of experience in a physical security role leading physical security programs
- A degree in a relevant field (Risk Management, Physical Security, Emergency Management) or an equivalent accredited certification (PSP preferred).
- Eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security Clearance.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.