Forward Deployed Infrastructure Engineer - US Government
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
We’re looking for Forward Deployed Infrastructure Engineers who can help us build, operate, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and reliable services for Palantir platforms, products, and deployments. You'll get to use your creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges and automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job including industry-leading LLM and AI technology!
As a Forward Deployed Infrastructure Engineer, every day is different! You will be developing software and providing high-quality support for software systems that are critical to solving our government’s greatest challenges. We strongly believe in engineering teams being responsible for the operations of their services in production. As such, you’ll work closely with forward deployed teams and product teams to participate in sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
- Handle support and operations of Palantir software, including monitoring and alerting, configuration management, and upgrades
- Deploy new Palantir products at customer deployments and perform migrations to the latest infrastructure types
- Debug, improve, and optimize Palantir’s services and infrastructure with a focus on long-term reliability and scalability
- Reduce manual operations and automate workflows, processes, and/or runbooks where possible
- Provide technical troubleshooting support for production issues, ensuring timely resolution and minimal impact on operations. Participate in a support on-call schedule.
What We Value
- Confidence in troubleshooting complex systems issues independently using observability tools and service logs.
- Ability to identify and automate highly manual tasks, driving ongoing improvements within and across teams.
- Comfort with large scale production systems and technologies - for example, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, or configuration management.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in multi-functional teams.
What We Require
- Active US Security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.