Government Affairs, Defense
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Government Affairs, Defense is a critical member of Palantir’s US Government (USG) team. Working closely with the VP of Government Affairs, you’ll help Palantir deliver capabilities to America’s most important governmental institutions, through direct lobbying efforts and strategic coalition building.
In this role, you will communicate what Palantir is and does, the value we bring our USG defense and national security customers, and the important mission of the company. This includes collaborating on strategic issues with think tanks and trade organizations to advance public discourse on key societal debates. Internally, this person will know how to articulate and discuss the implications and impact of relevant legislative, regulatory, and political events to Palantir’s business.
- Work closely with cross-functional business counterparts to shape outreach and engagements with various decision makers to drive policy discussions, raise awareness about Palantir’s impact on its customers, and inform strategic debates in Washington, DC.
- Develop, maintain, and build-upon a network of relationships with Congressional staff, government officials, and regulatory decision-makers while communicating with external consultants and third parties engaged in government affairs matters.
- Anticipate and identify key legislation salient to Palantir, and communicate the implications of those policies on the business with a variety of important internal decision makers.
- Collaborate with business and engineering leads to develop policy positions on key issues, and draft legislative language
- Track legislative and budgetary items that are important to the business. Perform research and generate communications or collateral materials as needed.
What We Value
- Ability to conduct quick policy analyses and clearly synthesize on our business.
- Understanding of the intersection of public policy and business strategy.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent writing and editing skills (writing sample may be requested) and proven project management skills.
- Ability to self-start
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly technical, environment. This will involve developing deep familiarity with our software platforms and how they are used to solve real-world problems.
- Effective communication skills, including ability to convey Palantir’s technical attributes and value to non-technical audiences.
What We Require
- 8+ years working on defense related legislative matters in the Executive Branch, Capitol Hill, private sector, or industry trade organizations.
- In-depth knowledge of US Government legislative process.
- History of successful legislative advocacy via the National Defense Authorization Act and Appropriations process.
- Active US Top Secret Security Clearance.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.