Sales Lead, Air Force & Space Force
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
We're looking for a Sales Lead to support the continued growth of our US Government focused Sales team. As a key leader of the team, you will manage and expand the direct sales team. Our sales team includes Sales Executives and Account Executives, and grow our business across the Department of Defense.
This role is an empowering opportunity to drive mission-critical Sales & operations to help scale the business. You’ll be collaborating with stakeholders across US Government leadership. To be successful, you should have excellent relationship building skills and enjoy working in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Lead, mentor and empower our growing Sales and Capture team, organizing them around critical strategic objectives
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding IC sales targets and build strategy for the team to contribute double in 2023
- Network with our existing clients and partners throughout the DoD to identify the most likely sources of new business and shape opportunities
- Work closely with USG leadership to understand Palantir’s strategic sales objectives; coordinate with Palantir’s senior counselors and advisors to maximize the quality of the pipeline and close deals
- Work directly with our marketing team to generate and follow up on a regular supply of new leads
What We Value
- 10+ years of increasingly successful field sales experience, including a substantial track record of success in DoD
- Experience building out infrastructure around sales team and demonstrated ability to lead while working alongside team members towards shared goals
- Proven track record coaching and mentoring sales teams
- Strong relationships within DoD and detailed knowledge of the DoD procurement rules, regulations and procedures
- Excellent sales negotiation and deal-closing skills
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.