Site Reliability Engineer
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
We’re looking for Site Reliability Engineers who can help us build, operate, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and reliable services for our production infrastructure. Site Reliability Engineers combine engineering experience and drive to improve existing systems and processes, with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges. Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job.
We strongly believe in engineering teams being responsible for the operations of their services in production. In this role, you’ll work closely with engineers to advocate and participate in sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
- Maintaining availability of cloud & physical Linux servers that power the Palantir platform in air-gapped production environments
- Design, deploy, and operate infrastructure to support customer & product requirements via modern orchestration & monitoring platforms
- Collaborate closely with product teams on requirements & SLOs for deploying software into air-gapped environments
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and solving network & systems issues
- Scripting to automate away routine operational tasks
What We Value
- 5+ years experience managing medium to large scale systems
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with multiple different teams spread over a wide geography
- A very high level of independence and resilience with the ability to work remotely with little oversight and guidance
- Ability to effectively support our customers and advise them on hardware purchases, capacity planning, firewalls, etc.
- Should have an Understanding of how database systems work and how to manage them e.g Oracle, Postgresql. Does not need to be a Database Administrator.
- Understanding of Cassandra, Hadoop, and how distributed systems work in general
- Previous experience with server hardware e.g. Dell, HP, etc.
- Understanding of Linux OS, Linux administration, and troubleshooting, as well as familiarity with related tools, such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.