Information Systems Security Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir's impact and productivity in the US Government (USG) space depends on our ability to navigate the world of government and industrial security efficiently and responsibly. As the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), you will own the systems that enable Palantirians to productively use our USG facilities and related enclaves in support of our critical DoD missions. You will be responsible for maintaining compliance, building resilient infrastructure, managing access to systems, and partnering with users to address issues they may encounter as they build advanced capabilities in support of DoD/IC missions. Our ideal candidate demonstrates a keen instinct for balancing compliance and functionality, has a desire to learn new skills, and a passion for helping others.
- Serve as the principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of the systems under your purview. This includes responsibility for user account provisioning, deletions, and general LDAP & AD maintenance.
- Scale our infrastructure by creatively implementing automated solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow ISSMs, ISSOs, FSOs, and broader business partners to provide consistent solutions to all of our facilities. Manage relationships with upstream vendors and sponsors.
- Create and maintain user-facing guides, POA&Ms, SPPs, ATOs, and other relevant USG documentation.
- Integrate new hardware and software technologies into our USG infrastructure.
- Ensure all requirements and implementation procedures listed within the system security authorization package are in accordance with the NISPOM, NIST SP 800-53, DAAPM, or other governing policies.
What We Value
- Willingness to contribute to cross-team functions and projects.
- Effective communication with a customer service oriented mentality.
- Familiarity with using ELK or other SIEMS to build reports and visualizations to ensure monitoring, alerting, and auditing requirements are met.
- Familiarity with DoD cyber security tools such as Endpoint Security Solutions, ACAS, STIGs, and SCAP. Demonstrate knowledge of how these tools are configured and used to ensure compliance.
- Familiarity with eMASS and managing the system security authorization package.
What We Require
- Active US Top Secret security clearance with IAM Level 2 certification.
- Active Computing Environmental certification such as Linux+, CCNA, or other.
- 3-5 years experience in a technical role (user support, technical compliance, system administration, etc.) at an accredited USG facility.
- Proficiency in Windows administration tasks including AD, DNS, Group Policy, and SCCM/MDT.
- Comfort managing USG tools including Host Based Security System (HBSS) and the DISA Secure Host Baseline (SHB).
- Practical experience with automation tools including Powershell and Python.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.