Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2022
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can help us build, operate, and maintain high-performance, scalable, and reliable services for our production infrastructure. Site Reliability Engineers combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes, with the creativity to develop novel solutions to evolving challenges. Our team strives to automate processes wherever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job.
We strongly believe in engineering teams being responsible for the operations of their services in production. In this role, you’ll work closely with engineers to advocate and participate in sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
- Think about systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles - and how to improve the long-term reliability and scalability of Palantir’s services.
- Design, build, and maintain core services and infrastructure used by Palantir.
- Participate in operations, including on-call rotations most business hours and every sixth weekend.
- Help debug, improve, and optimise Palantir’s services and infrastructure.
What We Value
- Confidence in troubleshooting complex systems issues independently using observability tools and stack traces.
- Ability to identify and automate highly manual tasks.
- Comfort with large scale production systems and technologies - for example, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, or configuration management.
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and drive ongoing improvements within and across teams.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.