Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2020
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir is seeking an Accounting Manager to support senior accounting leadership with strategies that prioritize scalability and value creation. You will partner with the Corporate Accounting team to close the books monthly, as well as maintain our internal controls, and assist further in our process automation and enhancements.
Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, getting deep into work prepared by the team and identifying opportunities for improvement. We value problem solvers who are not satisfied with the status quo and who are energized by the chance to improve the efficiency of existing processes for a diverse set of accounting areas, including through leveraging our internal Foundry software.
- Manage and supervise certain aspects of the day-to-day operations of the accounting team and our external audit process.
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported in a timely manner including cash, fixed assets, leases, prepaids and other general ledger accounting areas.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, including preparation and review of financial statement and audit supporting schedules.
- Build and leverage cross-functional relationships within the company to more effectively bring value to Finance and other internal teams.
- Exercise judgment while ensuring that accounting conclusions are documented in reconciliations and technical memos in accordance with current policies and guidance.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to accounting staff, including training, coaching, and performance management.
What We Value
- A highly analytical and innovative approach to problem solving, with a demonstrated track record of process improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience partnering with operational and international functions and teams is a plus.
- NetSuite, Workday, Safeguard, Kyriba and CoStar experiences are a plus.
What We Require
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience within a public and/or large international company.
- 3+ years of experience at a large public accounting firm preferred.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (with CPA preferred).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; able to maintain accuracy in work products and multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $85,000 - $142,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.