New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2022
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
As Corporate Counsel, you’ll join Palantir’s in-house legal team as the legal backbone of our corporate and securities team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual keen to join a team that cultivates Palantir's equity philosophy, connects with folks across the Palantir community, and sees itself as key to Palantir’s mission.
In this role, you will help advise and work on a variety of corporate and securities issues and transactions, including public company reporting, corporate governance, and strategic transactions, while interacting directly (and frequently!) with our Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Legal Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, and other company leadership. You will work closely with our finance and stock administration teams on equity matters and administration. You will take on novel, complex issues as they arise, and bring multi-stepped projects to completion. You will also be a key contributor to the legal team and to the company as a whole, with the opportunity to work on a wide array of legal matters, including negotiating commercial agreements with Fortune 50 companies and working on regulatory, intellectual property, employment, and international issues.
- Advise on a range of complex equity and corporate/securities issues.
- Help manage public company filings and related internal processes.
- Work on Board, Committee, and other corporate governance matters for Palantir and our subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- Assist with a variety of corporate and securities transactions, including M&A and other strategic investments.
- Assist in management and administration of Palantir’s equity portfolio.
What We Value
- Resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems, including non-traditional or undefined problems, creatively and analytically.
- Ability to communicate prioritization and deadlines with internal and external stakeholders, and build constructive, high-trust relationships across teams and functions.
- Sound judgment and composure in high-pressure situations; display discretion and integrity in all interactions.
What We Require
- 4+ years’ experience as a corporate or securities attorney at a top firm or in-house (a combination is even better!).
- Knowledge of and experience with public company reporting requirements, corporate governance and board matters, and strategic transactions.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $135,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by each individual’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.