Incident Management Engineer
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Incident Management Engineers (IMEs) are the driving forces of stability across Palantir’s products. IMEs help to ensure Palantir fixes critical issues immediately. When something goes wrong, IMEs are the first to respond and are responsible for triaging, troubleshooting, and coordinating the resolution of the issue.
You’ll be a member of a centralized team responsible for managing the most critical outages. You are an excellent communicator, collaborator, and troubleshooter and can use both of these skills in fast-paced and high-stakes environments. You are able to parse technical details quickly and know when to ask for help when you need it.
Whatever the issue is, you are ensuring it gets resolved at a high bar as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
- Develop a deep understanding of Palantir’s product and delivery ecosystem.
- Collaborate with customer-facing, product, and infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of scalable, reliable software for our customers.
- Diagnose, resolve, and prevent issues encountered in the field.
- Reduce the operational overhead of responding to critical incidents at Palantir through investments in tooling, process, and automation.
- Take part in a 24/7 on-call rotation responsible for coordinating Palantir’s response to mission-critical incidents, ensuring efficient resolution with minimal customer impact.
What We Value
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and make decisions under minimal direction, as well as collaborate as part of a team.
- Experience with scripting, automation, or data analysis a plus.
What We Require
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical field.
- Willingness and interest to travel to other Palantir locations as needed.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list above details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
The starting salary for this position is estimated to be $82,000/year. Total compensation includes approximately $9,000/year of equity compensation in the form of Restricted Stock Units, based on the recent value of the company’s stock at the time of grant. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.