Forward Deployed Architect - US Government
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2022
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Forward Deployed Architect, you will own the architectural vision and secure system design of complex systems of systems in support of Palantir’s US Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. Alongside Palantir engineering and business leads, you will guide deployment teams to execute securely in customer technical environments, design sustainable architectures, and act as a thought partner to our government counterparts. You will also help set the strategic direction for our customer engagements and participate in technical outreach meetings.
We are looking for an individual that deeply understands the architecture of software systems and how all the components integrate into a complete solution that meets both end user needs and stringent information security requirements. As a Forward Deployed Architect, you will also act as an advisor to our product development teams to ensure their solutions comply with current and future requirements and can operate in heterogeneous deployment environments.
Sample backgrounds for individuals in this role include having worked as a Software Architect, Cybersecurity Architect, Enterprise Systems Architect and/or a Solutions Architect for cloud or distributed system environments. Success in this role requires becoming technically proficient in Palantir’s products, understanding our customers’ governance processes and security obligations, and demonstrating how we’ll comply with them through product demonstrations, presentations, and documents. You’ll operate independently but with a team-first mindset as you partner with our product development teams and deployment teams to design and shape holistic solutions in complex technical environments.
- Design and architect technical solutions to complex problems, with consideration for security, networking, availability, resourcing, and time constraints.
- Engage directly with customers as a credible expert on the architecture and security of Palantir's offerings.
- Advise and shape product roadmaps for development teams to ensure Palantir complies with existing USG requirements and stays ahead of emerging trends.
- Document and diagram solutions and architectures clearly.
What We Value
- Deep understanding of the fundamental building blocks of public cloud solutions (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google GCP) and how they fit together.
- Knowledge of large scale production software systems and the technologies that enable them - for example, distributed systems, load balancing and scaling, monitoring, identity and access management, configuration-as-code.
- Experience with information security fundamentals and core technologies (e.g., encryption, firewalls, SIEM/SOAR, intrusion detection, audit logs).
- Understanding of the modern software development lifecycle, including design, development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery/deployment.
- Basic familiarity with fundamental networking protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, TLS, DNS, SSH, HTTPS, etc.) and operating system concepts (processes, filesystems, kernel vs user space, etc.).
- Eagerness to solve open-ended technical problems with significant autonomy.
- Strong client interaction skills.
- 5+ years of industry experience in a role that requires rigorous technical aptitude and understanding.
- Experience with the US government’s security authorization process (the Risk Management Framework) is a plus.
- Experience working in a classified environment is a plus.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and containerized applications is a plus.
- Active US security clearance at Secret level or higher.
- Willingness and eligibility for security clearance up to TS/SCI.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed to client sites. Ability to travel 25% preferred, but requirements vary by location.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the posting is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.