Channel Account Manager - US Government
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 2, 2022
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Are you eager to be involved in something new? Come join the Channel Sales team and help us build out a new go-to-market arm for Palantir! This is a newer team that's growing fast! As a Channel Account Manager, you will lead the process of defining and implementing joint business development strategies with Federal VARs across the entire range of Palantir products and services. Partnering with the Head of USG Channel and USG Marketing, you will implement sales and marketing strategies for a set of named accounts. You will work with cross-functional teams, cultivate critical relationships within the partner ecosystems and showcase Palantir’s technology to our partners and customers. Additionally, you will partner with Sales, Product, Legal, Compliance and Enablement teams to ensure success of the channel and work to demonstrate your experience to transform large organizations with Palantir Technologies.
- Build pipeline by collaborating with the USG Sales Team and US based VARs to understand our customer needs and help bring the relevant Palantir software solution to our customers via the channel
- Develop business development plans with a clear set of priorities, joint initiatives and specific goals for growing customer pipeline, wins, and consumption
- Communicate strategy to executive-level stakeholders across Sales and Engineering
- Work with our partner delivery team in a constant pipeline of resources to deliver proof of concepts and implementations
- Lead the channel partners success, setting performance metrics, forecasting and reporting Business Development growth to company leadership
- Conduct sales enablement sessions for our strategic partners’ Sales and Presales teams
What We Value
- Proven and effective communication and presentation skills, and ability to articulate business problems and build diverse relationships at the personal and corporate level.
- Ability to work with and as part of a team and have a high degree of independence.
- Eager to be part of something new and build from 0 to 1.
What We Require
- 5+ years of experience in US Federal technology sales and/or business development with at least 3 of those years working in a Channel Account Manager role. Knowledge and understanding of USG contracting.
- Proven success: (a) driving net new pipeline via partners involving technology solutions by designing and building go-to-market models and navigating Sales and Delivery Teams (b) building a joint GTM strategy and Co-Sell model in collaboration with a Partner; and (c) engaging stakeholders at all levels to drive sales and execution of strategy.
- Ability to travel up to 25-40% to other Palantir offices and external meetings, as needed.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.