Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2019
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re driven to solve the world's most critical and challenging problems, and believe that building software to enable human decision making is the most effective vector. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more.
What We're About
At its core, this role is about uncovering dots and—without knowing the shape they form—figuring out how to connect them. Our customers come to us with a hunch that the only way to protect their troops, manufacture high-quality products, structure effective healthcare policies, or deliver aid to refugees safely is to make better use of their data. Deployment Strategists are responsible for turning that hunch into reality.
If you believe in the transformational power of data and technology and in your own ability to bring that power to bear against complex problems, we want to meet you.
What We Do
As a Deployment Strategist, you'll work as part of a driven and creative team of Engineers, Product Designers, and other Deployment Strategists to deploy software against the most challenging problems our world faces. Your mission is to synthesize disconnected streams of thought into a cohesive understanding of what the most important problem is, what the data means, what the product needs, what users are motivated by, and where the impact could be.
Deployment Strategists are do-ers who immerse themselves in our customers' most intricate workflows, partner with customer teams and explore the data, and dive into the product landscape to enable us to scale. A select number of Deployments Strategists may also be deployed to Palantir internal teams and problems. In this role, the problems you'll tackle will require a curious and analytical mindset, a sharp intuition for product, and a strong degree of user empathy to ultimately empower our customers to make better decisions.
No two days are the same, but as a Deployment Strategist you can expect to:
- Go onsite and meet with customer analysts to understand the critical questions they need to answer and locate their biggest pain points.
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work with Forward Deployed Engineers to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Work with the customer to build bespoke workflows for new user groups.
- Lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs, and to ensure it is being used widely enough to have concrete impact on our partners' operations.
- Present the results of our work and proposals for future work to audiences ranging from analysts to C-suite executives.
- Embed with our Software Engineering and Product Design teams to incorporate what you saw in the field into cross-Palantir product offerings.
- Build and deliver demos to new and existing customers.
- Scope out potential engagements in new industries and in increasingly expanding locations around the world.
What We Value
- We value team members who aren’t satisfied with surface-level answers. We value the desire to dive into the details of the data because that’s the core of our work. And we value low ego because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit.
- Extraordinary ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Ability to travel 25 – 75% required. Varies by location and team.
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, SQL) is a plus.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent business Japanese is a requirement.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.