Product Reliability Engineer, Internship
Other Engineering, Product
Posted on Wednesday, October 2, 2019
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Product Reliability Engineers (PREs) are the driving forces of stability across Palantir’s products and help to ensure they are available 24/7. When something goes wrong, we are the first to respond and effectively triage, troubleshoot, and coordinate the resolution.
Every day at Palantir is different: we’re constantly adapting to better respond to customer needs, and as a PRE Intern, you will work closely with our engineering and business teams to minimise risks associated with the deployment of our products. You are a resourceful, creative, and agile problem solver who is able to work both collaboratively and independently to resolve the most difficult and nebulous technical issues. This includes everything from crafting product health metrics and automated alerts, to fixing product bugs, updating operational tasks, and developing and documenting strategies for responding to incidents.
Whatever the technical root cause of the issue is, PREs play a central and critical role in resolving it — seeking not just a one-time fix, but a permanent solution!
- Collaborate with customer-facing, product, and infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of scalable, reliable software for our customers.
- Deliver end-to-end improvements to stability by proactively preventing issues via telemetry and automation; directly reducing the need for reactive support.
- Maintain and improve the operational capacity of Palantir’s platforms, including resolving incidents and streamlining operational workflows.
- Reduce operational overhead and make data-driven decisions about investments in stability and reliability.
What We Value
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to break down and explain sophisticated concepts, and strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast moving environment with complex objectives that require creative thinking to address product and customer needs.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions autonomously, as well as collaborate as part of a distributed team with members from our offices across America and Europe
What We Require
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or other technical field.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2025. This should be your final internship before graduating.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems.