Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - Node.js + Vue
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, December 4, 2021
Olo's Guest Engagement + Operations team is passionate about reimagining the restaurant experience by bringing everything a restaurant knows about each customer to every interaction and business decision.
Our first-ever-purpose-built-for-restaurants GDP & CRM are at the core of our products and bring powerful customer intelligence to operations, marketing, guest sentiment, and more. We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack to architect and develop essential systems and features on this creative team.
Reporting an Engineering Manager on the GEO team, our next Senior Full Stack Engineer will help us take our product to the next level.
If you are passionate about both backend and frontend technologies, comfortable working solo or collaboratively to accomplish projects, and excel in a high ownership environment while taking large projects from spec to ship, this may be the perfect role for you.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You'll Do
- Build essential Guest Engagement + Operations features and infrastructure
- Spec projects based on product requirements and design mocks
- Translate spec to technical tickets
- Write, QA, and ship code to production
- Improve our technology and team
- Review fellow team member's work through code review and RFCs
- Co-create architecture and specs for other projects
What We'll Expect From You
- 6+ years of experience
- You are a proven software engineer building systems at scale
- You have solid experience with frontend and backend frameworks such as Vue.js, Node.js or similar etc
- You have a strong command and working knowledge of different frontend and backend related technologies
- You are excited to lean slightly backend as we scale
- You are a collaborative team player with the ability to work across multiple domains and teams with a diverse group of engineers
- You are opinionated about how things are built and will be an essential member of a growing Product and Engineering team
- Lover of food and restaurants
- Frameworks: Vue, Node
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Helm
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $130-175K annually for a Senior I and $155-200K annually for a Senior II, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at email@example.com.
See more open positions at Olo
Something looks off?