Product Management Intern
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
At Olo we enable restaurant brands to scale online ordering and delivery, make data-driven business decisions, and personalize the guest experience on- and off-premise. Chances are, if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
We’re looking for Product Management Interns to join our Product teams for a 10 week paid internship from June 3rd to August 9th. You will be led by a Product Management manager and partnered with a mentor from your team at Olo, and experience being part of a smart, passionate team dedicated to delivering products using modern tools and technologies.
The Product Management Intern will be responsible for assisting with market research and trend analysis, documenting and maintaining the authoritative list of epics and user stories for all development efforts. You will coordinate across all technical resources throughout the software development lifecycle. Additional responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of various types of documents, testing support, and assisting in delivery activities.
In addition to day-to-day team-based work, you will participate in a capstone project alongside interns from other functions, including Software Engineering and Product Design. The capstone project involves devising, designing, and implementing a new set of features for Olo's platform as a team, guided by mentors from across the organization. Past Olo capstones have introduced features which were later incorporated into the platform and released to customers, so it's a great way to make a lasting impact and develop your skill set!
Internship Program structure:
- Weeks 1-8, you will work primarily on your Olo team completing critical project work alongside Olo Engineers, Designers, and the larger Product teams. Mondays will be spent working with your fellow interns and Capstone Mentors designing a Capstone Project.
- Weeks 9 + 10 are dedicated exclusively to the Capstone.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Assist product managers with market research, trend analysis and suggest the product position on next steps
- Lead development of requirements and related specifications, documentation, and business cases
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements in the form of user stories using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, diagrams, process models, wireframes, and functional and technical specifications
- Lead collaboration with internal and external customers to define scope for new projects, document risks and assumptions, develop the delivery approach, and estimate cost and timings
- Assist with roadmap prioritization by balancing multiple factors such as value, impact, effort, and long term strategy and vision.
- Act as a translator between the business and technical community interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for engineers (and vice-versa)
- Write user training manuals, help files, and facilitate training sessions for large applications, as needed
What We'll Expect From You
- Curiosity alongside a drive for continuous growth and learning
- Strong problem-solving, and data visualization skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An analytical mindset and the ability to manage time effectively and stay organized
- Ability to collaborate alongside the product team and cross-functional stakeholders
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 78,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
The compensation for this position is $25/hr for the duration of the internship program, which will run from June 3rd to August 9th.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.