New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
As Olo’s VP, FP&A, reporting to the CFO, you will oversee the organization's budgeting, forecasting, and cross-functional finance support. You will work closely with Olo’s executive team, business unit leaders, department heads, and key stakeholders to develop and implement short- and long-term financial models and strategies that align with the company's strategic and financial objectives. In addition, you will provide valuable analytical insights and decision-making support to facilitate the achievement of our financial targets and drive overall business performance. To be successful in his role, you’ll need a broad strategic mindset, innate curiosity, executive presence, and strong financial planning process and systems experience.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
Key Areas of Focus
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Oversee Olo’s budgeting and forecasting process, for both long-term and short-term planning timeframes
- Work closely with the executive team, business unit leaders and various department-level budget owners in establishing and monitoring various budget and forecast decisions that align with company goals and objectives
- Drive accountability through the annual budgeting and forecast process by coordinating with budget owners to set financial targets, measuring progress, and proposing alternative solutions when necessary
- Implement scenario planning practices into overall planning processes, surfacing risks and opportunities to business and financial objectives
- Prepare accurate weekly and monthly KPI and financial reports along with variance analyses
- Oversee board-level FP&A reporting deliverables including budgets, forecasts, pacing, variance analysis
Operations; Systems and Processes
- Improve upon various FP&A processes by streamlining existing processes and leveraging automation where possible with existing financial planning tools, including Adaptive Planning, Pigment, Looker, and others
- Integrate various upstream systems into existing FP&A systems as a means to drive leverage, timeliness, and accuracy within the organization’s financial planning processes
Ad Hoc Analysis & Business Insights
- Develop and maintain various key performance indicators (KPI) and financial models to support decision-making and proactive business management
- Act as business thought leader in analyzing various performance metrics, industry data, and financial information to drive business insights
- Advise senior leaders on financial matters offering data-driven recommendations for operational efficiency and desired business outcomes
- Assist the Strategy & Ops team in financial aspects relating to the company OKR process and ad hoc strategic analysis
- Support the Go-to-Market organization in pricing, packaging, deal analysis, and productivity planning
- Assist the Business Development and Corporate Development teams with ad hoc analysis related to new business ventures, renewal of existing relationships, and potential M&A.
- Collaborate with the Investor Relations team with items related to the quarterly earnings process, such as variance commentary, guidance, and messaging.
- Provide support to the People & Culture organization on compensation, benefits, and equity planning.
Team Leadership & Development
- Develop a team of FP&A professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to foster a high-performing and motivated team
What We’ll Expect From You
- 12-15+ years of related experience with high exposure to executive leadership
- Experience with SaaS and fintech business models, preferably at a public company
- Demonstrated success in consistently producing timely and highly predictable financial models
- Innate curiosity to understand overall business and industry trends, and use these insights to devise ad hoc analysis to surface business risks and opportunities
- Strategic mindset with a track record of providing valuable insights and driving financial improvements across a business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts in a simplified way to leaders
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience project managing and implementing financial reporting systems
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- CFA preferred
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 78,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, health, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and your family, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $182,686 - $261,915 annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. This role is also eligible for incentive compensation. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.