Senior Penetration Tester
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
As a Senior Security/Penetration Tester, you will help us build security into our services, fortify our defenses, and protect the systems that allow people to order their food quickly and securely.
If you are someone who enjoys the challenge of penetrating several technology platforms and protocols and partnering with software engineers to ensure it never happens again, then we encourage you to apply!
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Be Doing
- Penetration testing of web applications, native apps, and other systems.
- Design and code reviews of new systems and features.
- Coach and work with engineers to build security and privacy by design.
- Provide team members with concise, well-written penetration reports.
- Coordinate and track penetration testing and vulnerability assessment remediations.
- Conduct Red Team exercises to evaluate and improve processes and technologies.
- Perform application design, threat detection, incident response, patching, vulnerability remediation, secure development training, and user training.
- Partner with Blue Team daily to manage risk as threats evolve.
- Work with PCI and SOC auditors to ensure security policies are understood and complied with.
What We'll Expect From You
- 5+ years of experience in Penetration Testing, Red Team or Application Security experience.
- Proficient in common attack tools, vulnerability assessment and static inspection tools.
- Knowledge of information technology, evolving threats, attack patterns, incident response and cyber security standards.
- Experience using secure development frameworks (ie. OWASP Top 10, SANS Top 25 and Microsoft SDL).
- Proficient in bypassing and tuning security technologies (ie. Anti-Malware, IDS, DLP, FIM, Firewalls, SIEM, MFA, Web Proxies and WAF).
- Familiarity with AWS security best practices and Infrastructure-as-Code.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 78,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, health, dental and vision coverage for yourself and your family, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $114k-160k annually for a Senior I and $148k-210k annually for a Senior II, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.