Sales Engineer, Olo Pay
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
We are looking for a Sales Engineer for Olo Pay to be involved in the Sales process supporting evaluation and documentation of a client's needs pre-contract. In this role, you will commonly run demonstrations during the sales process and be a technical expert in Olo Pay. We want people who are passionate about performing detailed discovery, understanding customers’ future state, and positioning Olo’s technical solutions to provide real value.
Reporting to the Director of Olo Pay Sales Engineers, the Sales Engineer, Olo Pay will be a strategic business partner to Olo Sales Team, while providing perspective and client insights to the payments organization to help achieve its business objectives. Lead efforts to standardize and/or evaluate ad-hoc processes around organizational cadence.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Deliver tailored technical sales presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers
- Support sales team with responses to RFPs and RFIs
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing and Sales Enablement teams in content development related to Olo Pay
- Straddle the Sales and Implementation phases to support successful Proof of Concept launches
- Work with the Sales team to vet functionality requirements and partner with Product to determine viability in the existing environments or in future enhancements
- Provide technical vetting expertise, applying in-depth knowledge of the sector and our solutions, to validate solution fit and promote best practices
- Partner with sales, Finance, and Payments organizations on rate analysis and cost of acceptance proposals (statement analysis).
- Straddle the Sales and Implementation teams to identify and collaborate with clients on franchisee onboarding strategy.
What We'll Expect From You
- 5+ years of experience managing clients or relevant project management work in a payments space
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with merchant services statement analysis
- Proven track record exceeding sales targets to customers with 25-99 locations in a card-present environment, including hardware procurement & pricing discussions
- Ability to break down information and explain complex insights in a simple way
- Debate respectfully, encourage collaboration, and lead group agreement
- A balance of sales passion and technical skills to foster confidence and excitement in the project planning process
- Experience supporting the Sales or Implementation cycles of SaaS solutions to operations, IT, and marketing functions
- Experience analyzing large sets of data to create recommendations and provide guidance
- Experience creating solutions architecture diagrams/visualizations.
- A solution mindset, quick thinking, and creative
- Outstanding ability to thoughtfully explain problems and resolutions
- Experience creating an excellent customer experience and an interest in advocating for clients
- Legally able to work in the United States
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $115 - $135K annually with an incentive target of 50%, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.