Product Manager, Invoicing
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Are you passionate about ensuring that invoices work seamlessly, leading an engineering team to their best performance, and bringing clarity to complex technical topics? Do you have strong communication skills, a bias for action, and an ability to navigate elegantly between urgent requests and long-term plans? Then this might be the role for you.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Product & Design team and focus on Invoicing; you will work cross-functionally with engineers to build solutions that can be leveraged across a broad range of enterprise-sized customers who use our digital ordering platform.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will become Olo’s expert on billing processes and own the roadmap for large, business-critical software improvements. This is a highly visible, impactful role at a rapidly growing company.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of your product area and users’ needs, across multiple types of users with competing priorities
- Lead the implementation of new integrations and services that support our QTC process while maintaining SOX compliance
- Conduct continual discovery to identify problems and opportunities
- Develop a roadmap, vision, and strategy for your team, and get buy-in from stakeholders, teammates, and leadership
- Work closely with our Finance and Accounting, Customer Success, Support, Sales Teams, and customers
- Partner with your team and Engineering Manager to make effective sprint plans and ensure effective SDLC processes are in place
- Write detailed product specifications and make UX mock-ups
- Define success metrics for new products and features, and incorporate findings into your roadmap
What We'll Expect From You
- At least 3 years of experience as a Product Manager for a software technology company that operates in an Agile process framework.
- Experience with invoicing, billing, QTC, and/or OTC processes.
- The passion to help customers order ahead and Skip the Line™ at restaurant chains around the country, and dig into the “backend” to make the adoption and incorporation of Olo into existing operations smooth and painless.
- Demonstrated ability to work across an entire organization, from the CEO to the Systems Architect to Customer Support to Sales.
- Ability to clearly articulate plans for the next few weeks, as well as the longer-view product vision.
- Experience working directly with an Engineering team to build project plans and timelines and manage against those timelines to ensure that you ship the right products at the right time with the right quality.
- Creative problem solving skills; you can understand and process the challenges from all parts of the business and what they face in meeting their goals.
- Passion for creating and optimizing processes, systems, and workflows.
- A functional understanding of software development (maybe you were an engineer in a previous life) and are able to “dive into the details” to understand complex technical challenges.
- Strong writing and communication skills; you are comfortable speaking to outside parties and customers, and can convey ideas clearly and concisely via written documents, 1:1 conversations, and group presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Legally able to work in the U.S., without the need for Olo sponsorship.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with SOX compliance standards.
- Familiarity with ERP or HRIS systems.
- Successful leadership of large-scale and backend-focused initiatives.
- Experience with SaaS platforms for enterprise clients.
- Experience in product management for a start-up or growth-stage company.
- Basic fluency in programming languages and/or database management skills.
- Restaurant experience in back-of-house or front-of-house roles.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $140k-170k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.