Technical Specialist - POS
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Olo's mobile and web solutions let people order their favorite foods from their mobile devices and computers, helping restaurants connect with their on-the-go customers to increase their revenues from the mobile and web channel. This translates into an exciting opportunity for a POS Specialist to help our customers use our products to improve their in store operations.
You will play a crucial role within Olo's Customer Success Team by working directly with our customers to provide expert-level support for Olo's POS integrations for both new brands and existing ones and work to understand their unique goals and business processes. You will also work with the Olo team providing expert POS and industry knowledge to help the evolution of the product offerings as they relate to POS systems and be an important contributor to our team, providing technical and product knowledge expertise to clients, Deployment Managers, Technical Specialists, and Product Managers, along with our support and leadership teams.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Become an expert on Olo's POS integrations and configure and implement Olo's integrated POS systems.
- Work directly with our customers to resolve all technical inquiries related to Olo's POS integrated systems
- Identify and understand our customer's unique environment where Olo's products are implemented.
- Provide responsive technical assistance by working with internal departments to resolve technology-related problems.
- Partner with Deployment, Delivery, and Customer Success Managers to ensure we're taking a holistic approach to ensure software, services, and processes support customer's needs.
- Demonstrate a high capacity for delivering quality customer service.
- Be a technical liaison to Olo's product and development teams to provide Olo POS integration insights that lead to ongoing product enhancements.
- Report unexpected product behaviors to Olo's engineering teams and work with those teams to urgently resolve these issues.
- Provide feedback and establish internal processes and best practices to improve the customer experience.
- Support our sales team during the sales lifecycle to understand existing POS integrated systems, POS practices, SOPs, and program goals to empower brands we partner with to deploy the best program possible.
- Write knowledge-base articles relevant to assigned POS integrations.
- Provide tier 3 escalation support for our teams.
What We'll Expect From You
- 5+ years of work experience, including 3+ years of experience in POS implementation or support roles.
- Experience with troubleshooting and error resolution of the POS products that are integrated with Olo, including Aloha, and/or Toast and more.
- Experience using API tools to communicate with POS API endpoints- our team uses Postman
- Working knowledge of POS logging and diagnostic files.
- Experience training customer IT support staff and their subcontractors, and experience educating customers on operational best practices to increase program performance.
- Restaurant Operations experience.
- Outstanding ability to considerately explain problems and resolutions.
- Project management skills, including communication of installation timelines directly to leadership and to your client.
- The creativity and ability to provide feedback on internal processes and best practices to improve the customer experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work experience
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with implementing POS integrated online ordering, especially if Olo was the solution!
- Experience in Specific POS systems (Aloha, Toast)
- Ability to use API tools to communicate with POS API endpoints (Postman, etc.)
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $80k - $90k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. This role is also eligible for incentive compensation. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Residents: CCPA notice