Senior DevOps Engineer
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
At Olo, we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. If you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, chances are, we’ve made that happen!
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, Platform, you will drive the efforts to scale our infrastructure and improve software development processes. You will help lead the technical direction of internal CI/CD and the production development user experience.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Improve and expand our Terraform codebases and processes to deliver reliable and scalable infrastructure
- Manage multiple Kubernetes clusters running containerized microservices
- Develop best practices to continuously improve our infrastructure, processes, and services at every level of application
- Create and use metrics to establish SLA, SLO, and SLIs to inform our work and understand our environment
- Work with developers and stakeholders to achieve quality software through the build and deployment system
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing, automation, and release management
- Define and implement appropriate automation of operational activities
- Improve the replicability of build and test runs using central OS configuration management, virtualization, and containerization
What We'll Expect From You
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and integration
- Experience with Kubernetes, container, and other microservice technologies
- Experience with AWS technology, including EC2, EKS, or similar
- Experience with implementing successful branching and release strategies
- Ability to dive deep into different system architectures
- Skillset, including coding, systems design, architecture, integration, and overall understanding of scale and developer productivity
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We're remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $130-175k annually for a Senior I and $155-200k annually for a Senior II, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we're a part of. So if you're excited about this role, but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at email@example.com.
See more open positions at Olo
Something looks off?