Machine Learning Engineer
Small businesses are the backbone of the US economy, comprising almost half of the GDP and the private workforce. Yet, big banks don’t provide the access, assistance and modern tools that owners need to successfully grow their business.
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to banking platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the banking world, and we’re excited to lead the small business banking revolution.
At Novo, we’re here to help entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and SMBs achieve their financial goals by empowering them with an operating system that makes business banking as easy as iOS. We developed modern bank accounts and tools to help to save time and increase cash flow. Our unique product integrations enable easy access to tracking payments, transferring money internationally, managing business transactions and more. We’ve made a big impact in a short amount of time, helping thousands of organizations access powerfully simple business banking.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who is enthusiastic about using data and technology to solve complex business problems. If you're passionate about leading and helping to architect and develop thoughtful data solutions, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role:
- Build and manage predictive models focussed on credit risk, fraud, conversions, churn, consumer behaviour etc
- Provides best practices, direction for data analytics and business decision making across multiple projects and functional areas
- Implements performance optimizations and best practices for scalable data models, pipelines and modelling
- Resolve blockers and help the team stay productive
- Take part in building the team and iterating on hiring processes
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years of experience in data science roles focussed on managing data processes, modelling and dashboarding
- Strong experience in python, SQL and in-depth understanding of modelling techniques
- Experience working with Pandas, scikit learn, visualization libraries like plotly, bokeh etc.
- Prior experience with credit risk modelling will be preferred
- Deep Knowledge of Python to write scripts to manipulate data and generate automated reports
How We Define Success:
- Expand access to data driven decision making across the organization
- Solve problems in risk, marketing, growth, customer behaviour through analytics models that increase efficacy
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- Experience in dashboarding libraries like Python Dash and exposure to CI/CD
- Exposure to big data tools like Spark, and some core tech knowledge around API’s, data streaming etc.
Something looks off?