Technical Program Manager
We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Able to work from the office 3+ days per week
- Offices in NYC, Miami, India, and Colombia
About the Role:
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who understands how to take a customer focused, data-driven approach to getting complex businesses rapidly built and scaled. This will include planning and execution on large business-creation efforts. You will interact with our senior leadership team significantly as well as teams across the company. These efforts will require you to effectively communicate across the organization and with external stakeholders to deliver. If you're passionate about swiftly delivering innovative products and services to underserved markets, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
- Ensure we realize our strategic objectives through the management of multiple, strategically aligned projects. These projects are highly complex, have multiple dependencies, and have a significant impact on organizational goals by solving compound business problems.
- Provide insight to the sponsor and leadership on impacts the tactical execution has on strategic goals.
- Take ownership of multiple complex projects, overseeing all project related activities and ensuring execution and final delivery of product.
- Identify, track, and manage program level risks and issues. Serve as the escalation point to resolve program issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans, and communicate status to executive leadership. Ensure the sequencing of projects is appropriate at the program level.
- Plan, coordinate, and deliver defined deliverables for programs which require engagement from teams across multiple organizations.
- Responsible for all aspects of program communication so that there is transparency on delivery, schedule, employee readiness and costs. Oversee the budgeting, planning, and execution of multiple cross-functional projects that are interrelated.
- Communicate, influence, and negotiate both vertically and horizontally to obtain or leverage necessary resources.
- Balance competing requirements and interests, keeping teams focused on top priorities, and finding ways to achieve win-win outcomes by encouraging new ways at looking at problems, processes and solutions.
- Establish and build relationships with senior executives across multiple teams, including Strategy, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Compliance, Operations, Customer Support, and Finance.
- Get programs delivered on time while building positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Remove barriers to enable project teams to complete objectives no matter how difficult.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, business, economics, accounting or other related field required
- 7 years managing large-scale, enterprise-level projects/programs from initiation through completion, ideally ecommerce initiatives.
- 4+ years of experience managing product development efforts using Agile (Scrum, XP, lean, etc.).
- PMP, CSM, CSP certification helpful but not required.
- Ability to work independently and proactively address the needs of assigned portfolio
- Must be accountable and responsive to customers’ needs/requests
- Experience working on new product/service launch programs
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial statement modeling
- Strong Microsoft office and Gsuite skills
- Lead continuous process improvement (Six Sigma)
Something looks off?