Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We’re a mission-driven, high-growth organization that’s powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance to join our Finance team. This individual is expected to support and lend a hand to the team wherever and however needed, ranging from engaging internal stakeholders across critical business functions and helping validating investments, evolving less mature strategic/business areas, developing modeling and reporting frameworks. As a Senior Analyst you will be expected to provide analytic support and develop actionable insights resulting in improved business outcomes.
The role is full-time, and is located in New York or remote.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Improving the accuracy of forecasting and explaining the key variances of the Business
- Partnering with Business Leaders, Data Science, and other cross functional teams to update forecasting assumptions based on performance and operational business improvements
- Working cross-functionally to understand Business trends and data better
- For Internal Stakeholders, sharing variance reporting, analysis and scorecard metrics
- For Board, Lenders and Investors, help prepare summary outputs, budget vs. actuals, and reporting packages
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis for teams, including ad hoc modeling and analysis
- Support investor relations program by contributing to investor presentations, external quarterly reporting process, and providing insights to the executive team
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field
- 4+ years experience in financial planning & analysis, investment banking, management consulting, or public and management accounting (strategic finance experience preferred)
- Highly proficient in Excel with strong attention to detail -- you are comfortable looking at company financials, passionate about using data to support your recommendations
- Experience with NetSuite, Looker and Adaptive Insights is ideal (FP&A software)
- Experience in Subscription/Recurring Revenue (SaaS/B2C is a plus)
- Analytical Skill - Experience taking datasets, then organizing and quantifying them to convey patterns/theories/thoughts/conclusions
- Technical Skill - Experience building financial models from scratch
- Action oriented; nimble learning - Fast learner and structured thinker who can quickly synthesize input from many sources and deliver thoughtful, concise, and action-oriented deliverables
- Drives results; balances stakeholders; manages conflicts - Strong organization and project management expertise -- can effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage competing priorities, and drive projects to completion.
- Communicates effectively; interpersonal savvy; balances stakeholders - Excellent writing and communication skills -- comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Ensures accountability; adaptable; resilient - Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Complex Problem Solving Abilities - Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations, having acquired data from diverse sources. Is able to uncover the root cause of difficult problems. Evaluates pros / cons, risks / benefits.
- Optimizes work processes; manages ambiguity - Comfort working with loosely-defined constraints, but always pushing for organization and process improvement
What Makes This Job Amazing
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
- We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $99,000 - $135,000
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom’s estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
Other Elements of the Rewards Package
- Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
- By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
- In-office Location: New York, NY, USA
- Remote location(s): United States.
- Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
More About Noom
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain’s have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune’s lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.