Systems Engineer, Enterprise Applications
The Systems Engineer, Enterprise Applications plays a key role in discovery and implementation of client workflows to better serve our clinicians. You will work cross functionally to plan and execute initiatives as it pertains to supporting our client, clinician, and corporate employee environments. Your primary responsibility will be oversight, administration, and ownership of Nomad’s external-facing Zendesk while also supporting other core SaaS platforms.
Responsibilities/What You Will Do
- Plan, lead, and define priorities for projects that support product features, service enhancements and evolving business lines. Partners include (but are not limited to) the Operations teams, Product and Engineering, Finance, Legal, Clinical Excellence, Account Management, and Marketing.
- Actively design, maintain, and develop workflows within Zendesk and other core systems that increase efficiency for Nomad employees while also ensuring the exceptional support of our clinicians and clients.
- Set goals and narrate strategies to improve platform functionality. Identify multiple approaches, drive alignment around the best long-term value for Nomad, and build the execution plans.
- Leverage data to inform business decisions and analyze impact.
- Craft detailed and engaging communication for employees, clients, and clinicians surrounding changes or enhancements to Nomad’s support offerings.
- Define and implement best practices around complete, secure, and automated processes between Zendesk and other core systems.
- Own the change process, including client communication, from implementation to support for all Zendesk changes.
- Drive complex and ground-up solutions to serve the ever changing needs of the Nomad organization.
- Operate with autonomy and discretion; responsible for initiating or taking actions to resolve problems.
- Regularly influence interdepartmental policy and process and consistently partners with peers to influence cross-functionally.
- Develop best practices for processes that currently have no clearly defined strategy.
Qualifications/ Skills - What You Will Need
- 5+ years of experience maintaining, developing, or implementing systems of varying complexity
- Strong technical experience with Zendesk administration, workflows, integrations, etc
- Demonstrated experience with VOIP telephony administration (Dialpad, Aircall, etc)
- Strong understanding of SSO methods and their use cases through implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Experience building robust methods of links and calls between SaaS solutions
- Strong understanding of security policy implementation as it pertains to reducing exposure of sensitive data, methods to manage the processes and partnership through cross-functional collaboration with other teams
- Strong drive to consistently improve systems, processes, and stay on top of ever-changing technologies, how they interact with each other, and best practices
- Experience with major integrated Project Management tools (Monday, JIRA, etc.)
- You can solve complex problems and research and data analysis as metrics are an essential part of your work.
- You are able to clearly communicate and tell stories with data. You make data-based decisions, with the help of your manager.
- You have a thorough understanding of the core drivers of our business, the work of each major function, and how they relate to and impact each other.
- You create, implement and advise on new ways of thinking and are innovative across your field of expertise.
- You are proactive and can predict when issues may arise.
- You are a role model in your level of technical expertise, and help build a culture of attentiveness to best practices in the space.