Reporting to the Manager of FP&A, the FP&A Associate will help build and manage all aspects of the Company’s FP&A process. This person will also work very closely with other members of the Finance and Accounting team, such as the CFO, Controller, Head of Accounting, Director of Payroll, and Revenue Cycle Management Leads to ensure proper controls and timely reporting. In addition, this person will have exposure to Senior Leadership in cross-functional areas including Operations, Engineering, and Product Design.
Responsibilities/What You Will Do
- Help guide a rigorous disciplined annual planning, budgeting, and forecasting process to ensure those exercises produce plans for the Operations, Product, and Engineering organizations. This will require working cross-functionally with Department Directors, Vice Presidents, and occasionally C-team leadership.
- Create and present internal monthly financial reporting to Division Leads, sharing results and tightening forecast variances
- Drive monthly re-forecasting of expense and headcount planning as part of the cross-functional AvB process
- Work closely with accounting to understand variances, accounting treatments, and their respective impacts on the business.
- Create, update, and maintain headcount forecasting while liaising frequently with cross-functional business partners and Talent Acquisition
- Bring horsepower to the FP&A function to monitor company performance daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually to ensure we are on target and identify levers that impact value creation.
- Help establish and maintain metrics, key performance indicators, and monitoring systems that maintain accountability and manage risks.
- Build strong relationships with your partners across the entire organization.
- Utilize Adaptive Insights and Workday to drive strategic financial decision-making and service internal business partners with Ad-hoc requests
Qualifications/ Skills - What You Will Need
- Must have at 1- 2 years of accounting/finance work, public company experience a plus
- Experience working in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Willing to meet tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Low-ego and independent team player who can seamlessly integrate into the team
- Mastery in finance; you should have no problem building a three-statement Excel financial model from scratch.
- Experience with monthly close processes - processing entries and/or reporting
after the fact
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex financial concepts to a distributed and remote-enabled non-financial audience
- Previous Adaptive Insights, SAP, Oracle, or other Financial System experience