Group Director, SMB Sales
Fundera, at NerdWallet, is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Our Group Director, SMB will be essential in mentoring, coaching, and leading their management team to exceed expectations, as well as working with other key stakeholders across the organization to grow the business. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
If you were here 6 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Building process systems for managers to be able to lead more efficiently & effectively
- Assisting with the planning and development of our Account Executive training program in conjunction with our Sales Enablement Manager
- Identifying business opportunities within our top of funnel and book of business to drive more engaged borrowers to our teams
Where you can make an impact:
- Train, motivate, manage, and uplevel a team of 5 - 6 sales managers.
- Set clear expectations and instill accountability for management.
- Strong execution through others.
- Proactively identify strategic needs of the sales organization and create projects to execute against these needs.
- Utilize Salesforce and other tools in concert with on the floor observations to monitor and improve team performance.
- Develop, measure against, and enforce consistent standards for sales process and pitch.
- Encourage managers to contribute new ideas and solutions to problems.
- Be a respected leader while maintaining our strong sales community culture.
- Take an active role in identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Step outside your comfort zone to take on projects beyond the scope of your day to day responsibilities as needed.
- Excited about growing a business division and leading a diverse group of sales managers to success!
- A Coach: you love helping others succeed and strive at pushing your team to its fullest potential.
- Experienced working in a fast paced, metrics/data-driven environment.
- Able to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude around change.
- An exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Able to work across multiple teams.
- Analytical and data driven.
- A problem solver.
- Experienced with CRM software, preferably Salesforce.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experienced (2+ Years) in managing a team of at least 2 frontline sales managers
- Experienced operating within a high volume, high velocity transactional sales environment
- Comfortable coaching and developing sales managers across different experience levels
- Preferred experience within the Fin-tech or Lending industry (not required!)
- This role will be based in New York, NY, or Phoenix, AZ
- We have found that working in-person, alongside peers and more senior members of the team, confers great advantages owing to the spontaneous learning and collaboration opportunities that arise daily on a sales floor and that cannot be easily replicated in a remote environment.
- We also know that people want the flexibility to work remotely, both for personal and professional reasons, so while this is an in-office role, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely 20% of the month anywhere in the continental US.
What we offer
- $225,000 - $305,000 On Target Earnings (Base + Commission)
- These roles include uncapped commission
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.