Lead Financial Planner and Advisor
The Lead Financial Planner and Advisor is one of the founding financial advisors of NerdWallet Advisors - a financial planning subsidiary of NerdWallet Inc. This role will work directly with clients to onboard and create their financial action plans, while also playing an important role in scaling our business.
The role will partner with Product to provide insights into a better customer experience and prioritize back-end features and tools to improve advisor efficiency. This role will also work with the Head of our Advisor Network to evolve the financial planning process and investment philosophy. With time, this role will also help establish the ideal advisor team structure and oversee a team of Advisors.
Most importantly, this role will be flexible to meet business needs. As a startup within a larger organization, we are evolving quickly, and are looking to find a world-class financial planner who is interested in translating their experience to both a product and to a team, and are comfortable with the ambiguity that a fast growing company brings.
Projects you may be working on in this position include:
- Determining the right CRM/Advisor facing dashboard tool for efficiency
- Updating our Financial Planning Process & Guidelines
- Creating an Investment Philosophy
- Attending financial planning and fintech conferences
Where you can make an impact:
- Create a great consistent client experience for our clients
- Build a culture that makes advisors comfortable and enjoy working everyday
- Help make advisors jobs easier and be the voice of your team to our cross-functional partners.
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Hard-working and good with ambiguity
- Process-driven and enjoy fixing problems
- A good communicator and leader
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 8+ years financial planning or investment experience
- Has experience working with stakeholders such as product and business operations, people management experience is a plus.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.