Financial Systems Manager
NerdWallet is seeking a driven and strategic Financial Systems Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will lead the Finance Systems team responsible for administering and supporting NerdWallet’s integrations and financial systems across our finance and accounting organization. This role will partner with key business users and collaborators to ensure that critical finance processes run efficiently and that key initiatives as outlined in the project roadmap are met.
You will survey the needs of the finance org to develop a project roadmap, present and defend the roadmap to leadership, and be accountable for carrying out the plan. You should have validated skills in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and operating controls to ensure consistency and timeliness of execution. You will combine business process knowledge with a deep technical understanding of related systems and software to help NerdWallet address problems as they arise, and to “see around corners” to help us prepare for new conditions before they become problems. You will use your experience and expertise to help identify and implement solutions that will allow NerdWallet to be able to scale and grow naturally.
Where you can make an impact:
- Be responsible for the product roadmap for the Finance Systems function. Identify the vital requests of your business partners, and suggest improvements where you see gaps that are unaddressed.
- Partner with Finance to drive strategic systems initiatives and continuous improvement.
- As control owner, ensure ITGCs are operating efficiently in accordance with SOX for all in scope systems.
- Delegate technical support requests to your team, while serving as a technical specialist who can provide mentorship and solutions to raised issues.
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities to enhance processes and procedures to improve efficiency, accuracy or user experience.
- Customer-service oriented and passionate about effective collaboration. You have excellent interpersonal skills—including analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening and written communication—when collaborating both internally and externally.
- Organized and thorough. You possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, efficient, and resourceful. You think of ways to constantly improve the current process for better efficiency and accuracy.
- Data-driven and solution oriented. You have the capability to recommend and initiate new project ideas based on data and/or research.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re passionate about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2 to 3 years of professional accounting/finance experience.
- 3 to 4 years of progressive experience working in Financial Systems Management, including with Oracle Integrations Cloud and related Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- 2+ years experience in people management.
- Experience in finance systems administration in a public company, SOX- compliant environment.
- Experience providing analytical and technical support for Oracle Integrations Cloud (OIC) and Oracle ERP Cloud.
- Experience providing analytical and technical support for Oracle Cloud Financials (GL, CM, FA, AR, AP and Procurement), Reporting and Analytics (OTBI) and Financial Reporting.
- Strong experience with Oracle Financial Reporting in areas of Procurement, Expense, Payables, Receivables, Projects, General Ledger.
- Troubleshooting software applications in a SaaS web-based environment.
- Supported Production and Non-Production environments, integrations, analysis including patches, planning, design, development, implementation, subsequent phases and maintenance of Cloud Administrative Systems, and integrations within Cloud Administrative Systems.
- Coordinate testing with end users and answers application related questions.
- Hands-on application configuration experience. Must be comfortable analyzing data. Experience configuring cloud applications is vital.
- Experience with end-to-end implementation of Oracle or other ERP system.
- Experience building and guiding an offshore team.
The following certifications are a strong plus:
- Oracle Cloud Platform Application Integration Certified Specialist
- Oracle Cloud Platform Application Development Certified Specialist
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Foundations Certified Associate
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $112,000-$210,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?