Senior Fullstack Engineer (Credit Cards Intelligence)
Do you want to be a part of a high-impact team on the highest revenue-generating vertical at NerdWallet? The Credit Card Intelligence engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help deliver on our software strategy. In this experiment-driven team, you will work closely with our Performance Marketing and Product Management groups to create best-in-class user experiences designed to help our users discover the right financial solution in our mission to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
The Intelligence team focuses on using data to help people make the best choices where it comes to credit card offerings. Day to day, this will mean iterating and working on either our performance marketing landing pages or our flows that help customers narrow down their priorities when choosing a new credit card. You may also find yourself working on integrating data into the decision process, or making performance improvements to deliver the best possible experience to our customers. Whilst we are considered a frontend team, you may also occasionally work on our backend services that support it.
If you were here 6 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Helped build our credit card flow to be much more intelligent and user friendly
- Migrate our flow into NextJS, significantly increasing page speed and responsiveness
- Helped develop logic to allow for a much greater number of traffic scenarios
Where you can make an impact:
- Be a strong team player, not only writing great code, but reviewing, mentoring and sharing your knowledge to drive our whole team forward. Our teams are greater than the sum of their parts
- Contribute to making our end-to-end software development lifecycle as fast and efficient as possible
- Grow our technology stack using React, Typescript, GraphQL, and MaterialUI
- Establish solid relationships and build trust with our business partners
- Advanced CSS
- Proficient in ReactJS
- Proficient in TypeScript
- Proficient with GraphQL
- Familiar with NodeJS
- Familiarity with NextJS
- 5+ years in a professional software engineer position
- 2+ years working on a public facing website (Should understand: SEO, ADA, responsive, etc)
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $136,000 - $252,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.