Senior Backend Engineer
Nanit is the first smart monitor to merge computer vision with data-backed sleep science, to produce the most advanced and secure camera technology ever introduced to the home. Nanit is combining computer vision, machine learning, and advanced camera sensors to measure a baby's sleep cycle by providing actionable insights that lead to improved sleep for the entire family. We are a dynamic VC-backed startup with proven products, marquee investors, and a terrific team of people.
If you have a solid background in Software Engineering, a high interest in Machine Learning, and a passion to build great systems that help hundreds of thousands of parents (and their babies) around the world - this is the right place!
What you will do:
- Become a core member of the AI Backend team, focusing on the backend and AI/ML development.
- Design and implement backend solutions in the ML/AI fields.
- Design and implement complex projects of AI systems that involve code, data, infrastructure, and ML models.
- Design and implement AI services for new Nanit features that use Deep Learning models and Computer Vision algorithms.
- Design and implement Data Pipelines and Big Data supporting solutions.
- Close work with the Algorithms and Data teams, solving together cutting edge real world problems
- Lead scale-up projects and technical research in the AI Group.
- Promote Software Engineering & System Design best practices.
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience working on high scale production-grade projects on a cloud platform (preferred: AWS)
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language (preferred: Python).
- Strong ability to self-learn and come up with solid solutions to problems.
- Passion for writing clean, robust code and applying Software Engineering best practices.
- Experience with ML flows: training, testing, deployment, and monitoring Machine Learning models in Production
- Experience with DevOps / TensorFlow / PyTorch
- Knowledge in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Experience with Data Engineering and Big Data Pipelines
- We have an awesome product that makes life a little more manageable for new parents.
- We work hard. We are constantly striving to discover new and innovative ways to improve our products and ourselves.
- We invest in people. We consider each employee a long-term investment and we see value in continuously nurturing and training them.
- We believe in creating a fun, ego-less, family-friendly, flexible work environment.