We are seeking a qualified Art Director to support our creative team and collaborate cross-functionally with Editorial, Marketing, E-commerce and Paid Media. The Art Director is a key contributor, responsible for ideating and executing Moda’s digital assets across social, site, email channels and PR initiatives. Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, this position works autonomously to complete daily assignments that adhere to brand identity standards and meet all internal and external deadlines. In addition, the Art Director is accountable for keeping up with visual and design trends, and remaining current on the fashion industry as it relates to the world of graphic design and art direction. Elementary motion graphics and animation skills are desirable to have within this role.
For consideration, please include a link or pdf of your work along with your resume.
This is a hybrid role with 1 day a week (Wednesdays) in our Industry City, Brooklyn NYC office required.
Bring the brand to life across digital assets (emails, site banners, social media content, paid media banners) to ensure that the integrity of the brand is present in all facets.
- Provide design support across all digital channels.
- Work closely with the senior creative team to assist with building out moodboards
and presentation decks for in-house and external photo shoots.
- Concept, art direct and execute creative (still and video) for our editorial platform
and digital channels.
Primary Responsibilities, include:
- Ideate and execute assets across all channels (including email and social story
design, site assets, paid media,internal and client facing decks etc.)
- Creating GIF animations for site and social.
- Lead on-set art direction of photo and video shoots by collaborating
with photographers, stylists, HMU and other members of the creative team.
- Oversee post-production processes, providing retouching notes and
video editing feedback.
- Understand project goals and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to to take ownership of a variety of projects under tight deadlines.
- Maintain brand consistency and quality across all media.
- 4+ years experience art directing within the Fashion industry.
- Strong Graphic Design background essential.
- Portfolio (PDF/ online) that demonstrates a strong sense of composition,
layout plus typography.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Xd, Photoshop and
Illustrator (additional motion software a plus).
- Familiarity with Keynote, Google Docs and Monday.com a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams and directors, and capable of independently managing projects.
- Keen eye for detail is essential.
- Strong aesthetic & creative thinking skills with the ability to combine various colors,
fonts and layouts.
- Positive disposition with collaborative work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time; Hybrid role; NYC based 1 day per week, Wednesdays (Industry City Brooklyn office space)
Salary: $95,000 - $124,000 per year + Discretionary Bonus & Equity Eligible
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Benefits (day1)
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance Benefit
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance Benefits (STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
The above statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this role, they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be required from time to time. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands. Founded in 2011, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, shipping to 125 countries.