Social Media Specialist
The Social Media Specialist drives content and assists in overall management of Moda Operandi’s social media activities to consistently tell the brand story; grow brand awareness and engagement; and increase referrals and advocacy.
Reporting to the Director, PR & Events, the Social Media Specialist executes brand communications strategy, key partnerships and initiatives, and manages the day-to-day operation of social media (Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest). The Social Media Specialist captures and produces content to grow follower count and engagement rates on all social platforms.
This is a full-time temporary, hybrid position, which is required to be on-site (Industry City Brooklyn) 1 day per week on Wednesdays.
Primary Responsibilities, include:
- Develop social media concepts and content that meet our overarching brand communication goals and drive social metrics and KPIs
- Conceptualize, capture, and edit video content postings for Moda’s social media channels—specifically Instagram Reels and TikTok
- Recommend and coordinate content selection and feed placements, writing captions in Moda brand voice for all posts
- Manage daily uploading and QA of content prior to posting content to Social Media channels
- Manage engagement with social audience, including comment and direct message moderation/responses
- Develop and maintain relationships with key social media influencers and brands
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how they are leveraging for early adoption of technologies
- Research and stay ahead of digital innovation, fashion, and beauty trends
- Generate metrics and reports using standardized tools and craft analyses based on the data
- Serve as a liaison to any social media campaign executions with affiliates world-wide
- Support event production as/when needed
- 3+ years of experience in social media and/or digital content creation
- Expert level experience creating, posting, and analyzing content performance on social platforms Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest (required)
- Familiarity with Social Media reporting tools Dash Hudson, Hootsuite, Later (preferred)
- Experience within the luxury fashion or beauty industry (a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to execute successful social/digital campaigns
- Highly engaged on social networking sites with a passion for digital innovation
- Ability to analyze social performance data and summarize strengths and opportunities
- Exceptional project and analytical skills with experience in social and digital analytics (e.g. core metrics, google analytics, brand watch and social platform analytics)
- Highly organized and able to multitask; maintaining clear and proactive flow of communication and ownership of tasks
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and maintain good relations internally and externally. Eager, positive, and upbeat communication style!
- Believes no project is too small to be valuable
- Equally enjoy being creative and analytical
Job Type: Temporary; Hybrid role; NYC based
Salary: $23.00 - 26.00 /per hour
The above statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this role, they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be required from time to time. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, shipping to 125 countries.