Software Engineer, Graphics
A new paradigm of computing
Magic Leap is a pioneer in spatial computing, developing groundbreaking augmented reality technology that seamlessly blends digital content with the real world. As the creator of the next computing platform, our mixed reality devices unlock new possibilities for how people interact with and experience their surroundings.
Magic Leap could be your place if you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact. At Magic Leap, you can explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real-world problems. Working alongside industry experts, you can grow your skills and amplify human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress accelerate diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible possible.
The Product Development and Engineering job family is the core of Magic Leap’s revolutionary AR capabilities. These highly collaborative teams are responsible for our organization's engineering and technical operations, performing cutting-edge and complex scientific research and development that is 'defined as we build' to create new AR products, features, and marketplaces. Activities include undertaking research, design, development, and implementation activities to improve Magic Leap’s AR products and services; designing, constructing, testing, and operating equipment; ensuring that standards of quality, cost, safety, reliability, timeliness, and performance are met in production processes; interpreting plans, drawings, and specifications; and collaborating across all Magic Leap teams to ensure our AR product and features provide a high-quality, immersive experience, meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs and our business objectives.
As a Software Development Engineer within our Software organization, you will apply in-depth knowledge of software designs, APIs, and technical specifications to design, develop, and maintain the software components and systems that power Magic Leap’s augmented reality applications and technologies.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a direct, and technical individual contributor
- Work across interdepartmental teams to design and implement the next generation AR framework using C/C++, C# and Python
- Engage with graphics, networking, and the core of the AR system
- Collaborate with multiple teams to deliver features which span the entire platform
- Develop tools and debuggers
- Help maintain a culture of best practices, professionalism, and respect
- Develop and maintain Graphics applications using rendering APIs like DirectX, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- Optimize the graphics software for increased frame-rate and reduced latency using profiling tools like RenderDoc and Systrace
- Develop Graphics shaders to implement platform algorithms using HLSL, GLSL or SPIR-V
The experience you bring
- 3+ years of professional software development experience, with a focus on Computer Graphics
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent relevant experience in an applicable field. We are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages
- 1+ years of experience implementing and optimizing graphics algorithms with game engines such as Unity and Unreal using DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of modern 3D graphics applications using modern rendering APIs, like DirectX, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- Proficient with writing vertex, fragment, and compute shaders using shading languages such as Cg, HLSL, GLSL, and SPIR-V
- Experience with professional software development practices (code reviews, incremental and unit testing, Agile/Scrum processes, etc)
- Experience with GPU optimization for increased frame-rate and reduced latency
- Familiarity with Graphics debug tools like RenderDoc and Systrace
It’s exciting if you also have
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Familiarity with Python or C#
- Familiarity with developing AR/VR 3D applications, as well as Android applications and framework
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
If you need an accommodation during the application, interviewing, or hiring process, you may request an accommodation by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@magicleap.com. Magic Leap will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note that we do not accept any application documents via (e-)mail. Furthermore, we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role.