Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Plantation, FL, USA · Austin, TX, USA · Boulder, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- Develop supplier sourcing strategies to meet the requirements of Magic Leap’s roadmap and business requirements
- Extensive experience in cost & supply (should cost models, total cost of ownership, etc.)
- Continually benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Magic Leap supply chain.
- Establish competitive Biding, soliciting quotes and comparing prices from Potential suppliers.
- Drive Early Supplier Involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Manage the RFI/ RFP / RFQ process for new engagements and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Engineering & Quality
- Manage and negotiate key agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms. (MSA’s, SOW’s, etc.)
- Drive cost reduction opportunities to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source and any supply issues
- Manage suppliers ramp plans, capacity plans and sustaining production
- Design, implement, and execute sourcing strategies for the category through cross-functional group collaboration; the incumbent will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage the process from concept through to fruition
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to enhance supplier performance, drive best-in-class pricing, and ensure contractual obligations are met for quality, delivery, scheduling and productivity
- Work with business units/suppliers to resolve supply issues
- Minimum of 5 years in supply chain management in a technology-based environment
- Mastery of procurement functions including developing, implementing, and executing strategic sourcing initiatives, leading negotiations, and contract management
- Innovative, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must demonstrate superior influencing skills and the ability to succinctly communicate across multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization
- Experience with supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management
- Leadership, program management and cross-functional teamwork experience
- Experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Economics
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please note that we do not accept any application documents via (e-)mail. Furthermore, we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range