Director, Strategic Envisioning & Research, Public Sector
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Magic Leap is seeking an accomplished and visionaryDirector of Strategic Envisioning & Research to lead our envisioning, customer intimacy, and research initiatives in the public sector. As the Director of Strategic Envisioning & Research, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with top-tier government and public sector organizations, shaping their experiences with our cutting-edge technology. You will be responsible for overseeing and conducting user- and market-centered research, driving insights that inform the design, development, and deployment of immersive augmented reality solutions for the Public Sector community.
- Envisioning SME Support: Collaborate with customers and partners to determine fit and function requirements, providing strategic support in envisioning the application of our technology in the public sector.
- Feature Capture and Prioritization: Capture and prioritize features through 1:1 discussions with key stakeholders at events and conferences, ensuring that user needs and requirements are effectively communicated to the product development teams.
- Research Coordination and Leadership: Serve as the primary point of contact and science subject matter expert for all external usability studies.
- Public Sector User- and Market-Research Program: Develop and lead a comprehensive public sector user research and touchpoint program, establishing active engagements with government and public sector entities to gather feedback, conduct usability studies, and inform iterative design improvements. Work with the product team to feed public sector findings to the wider team.
- Collaboration with Product and Design Teams: Engage with the product strategy, user experience design, and industrial design teams to provide user research insights, shaping both the overall product strategy and future design iterations
- Extensive experience (minimum of 10 years) in user research, particularly in the technology industry, with a focus on emerging technologies, AR/VR, and human-centered design.
- Proven expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods, including surveys, focus groups, usability testing, and cognitive task analysis.
- Strong knowledge of human decision-making and behavior in complex domains, with the ability to apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to drive hardware and software experiences.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present technical and expository information to diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including team leadership, coaching, coordination, and performance monitoring.
- Experience in the public sector or government domain is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in industry tools such as Figma, Qualtrics, Jira, and experience with programming languages such as Mathematica, MATLAB, R, and familiarity with Java, C++, Android, and Python.
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant field such as Experimental Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.